How to find your way from the International airport to the Howler House. Please click on the photo to enlarge.
Step by step driving directions:
- Turn left onto the Northern Highway from the airport road.
You will see a store called SKY CITY directly across from the turn out. Good idea to stop and get your supplies on the way to the house. Don’t forget sugar for your coffee and butter for you toast! There are three or four grocery stores along the way on your right. You can get everything you need at these stores.
- You will arrive at the Burrell Boom Cut Off after 20 mins of driving - turn left.
- About 7 – 10 miles down a flat curving road you will come to a bridge over the river - turn right immediately after the bridge.
- Driving along the river you will pass the Black Orchid resort on your right – keep going
- About 2 miles after the resort you will come to the Methodist Primary School – it is a green and white building with classrooms in a u-shape on your left.
- There is a dirt road to the right, on the corner just past the school – turn right.
- You will pass a big green building with parking lot – the old store, now closed – on your right.
- About 1000 feet down the road, you come to a dirt cross road - jog a little to your right, and you will see a drive way to your left – that is the driveway to the Howler House.
- You will see a blue house with some pink trim on your right, this is Miss Erlene’s house.
- STOP at the driveway and HONK and Miss Erlene might come out and meet you if she is home – she will drive down to the house with you and give you the key and your receipt. Erlene is the house manager and she is your contact for any problems and questions. If Erlene is not home, the key will be under the mat.
- At the bottom of the drive way you will see a yellow house, up on stilts – that is my land partners house: Val and Tony.
- Before you get to the Big yellow house, you will see a wooden bridge and parking spot on your left – park there. The boardwalk to the house is right in front of you, walk along, cross the crocodile pond – and you are at the house.
- The walk is about 1000 feet.
- There is a book in the house with internet connection instructions – and more
- There is a cell phone in the house for your use – if it runs out of minutes, you can ‘top it up’ at Miss Lisa’s store – just give her the number and 10 bucks BLZ.